I ADORE a good motivational quote. I’ve always firmly believed that if you have big goals to complete, the best way to stay on-track is to check in regularly with those who are where you want to be – and see what they have to say on how to get there. I like to collect good motivational quotes in my journal, leave them on post-it notes where I’ll see them every day, and be able to seek them out when I need a quick kick in the pants.
This time of year, I need them more than ever. It’s been an unreasonably hot and humid summer, and it’s gotten harder and harder to concentrate on work and easier and easier to spread out in front of the air conditioner with an ice cream cone 😉 It’s all about work/life balance right? …. right?
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here
So below I’ve compiled a couple of my recent favorite motivational quotes to keep your mindset on lock when you feel yourself slipping!
- Success is not an accident; it’s something we have to create on purpose. – Carrie Green, author of She Means Business: Turn Your Ideas into Reality and Become a Wildly Successful Entrepreneur
- “Lame, vague goals are the best way to live a lame, vague life.” – Jen Sincero, author of You Are A Badass and You Are A Badass At Making Money
- “The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.” Napoleon Hill, author of Think And Grow Rich
- “There is nothing to fear, because you cannot fail—only learn, grow, and become better than you’ve ever been before.” – Hal Elrod, Author of The Miracle Morning: The 6 Habits that Will Transform Your Life Before 8 a.m.
- “Once you set goals that really matter to you, you are no longer the same person. Real goals will affect almost everything you do all day long. And they will be with you wherever you go. Your handshake, your manner of dressing, the tone of your voice, the way you feel — all will change once you have goals. That’s because when your goals matter, everything you do becomes related to their accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn, from 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness: Power Ideas from America’s Foremost Business Philosopher
- “Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution.”-David J. Schwartz, The Magic of Thinking Big
- “Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement. The bigger your goals and the clearer they are, the more excited you become about achieving them. The more you think about your goals, the greater becomes your inner drive and desire to accomplish them.” – Brian Tracy, Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
- “Any pattern of emotion or behavior that is continually reinforced will become an automatic and conditioned response. Anything we fail to reinforce will eventually dissipate.” – Tony Robbins, Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
Do you have a favorite that I didn’t include here? I’d love to see it! Leave it in the comments below.