Life goals have a special place in the world.
While I do believe that long-term and short-term goals are crucial for building a life you love, lifelong goals will keep you always striving for a better future and give you something to look forward to.
Most of us are familiar with the idea of a “bucket list”, but do you actually have one written down? (If you’re not, a bucket list is a list of things you’d like to see, do, or experience before you die, colloquially “kick the bucket”).
I found that when I set out to write down my own life goals bucket list, it made me re-evaluate my priorities.
While most of my short term goals are work-related, in the long run my life goals bucket list became much more focused on experiences I wanted to have.
101 Life Goals to Add to Your Bucket List
Writing out your life goals can be a powerful affirmation of your commitment to a good life.
Don’t have your own life goals bucket list, or are looking for ideas?
I’ve put together a guide of 101 examples of long-long term life goals you can use as a jumping off point for your own bucket list.
Not all of these will apply to you, but hopefully many of them will!
Feel free to use as many as you like for your own list of life goals.
Life Goals Bucket List – Travel
1. See the Eiffel Tower
2. Visit the Louvre
3. See the Great Pyramid of Giza
4. Visit the Grand Canyon
5. See the Aurora Borealis from Northern Europe
7. Tour Universal Studios (for me, especially the Wizarding World of Harry Potter)
8. See the Taj Mahal in India
9. Walk the Great Wall of China
10. Visit Machu Picchu in Peru
11. Take a trip anywhere in the world entirely by yourself
12. Go on a hot air balloon ride
13. Go on an African Safari
14. Have dinner at an underwater restaurant
For some more travel ideas, check out this book:
Life Goals Bucket List – Health and Fitness
15. Run a 5k
16. Spend a year eating intuitively
17. Join a dance class
18. Learn to snowboard or ski
19. Hike beautiful trails at a National Park
20. Look for a local geocaching group and try it out
21. Try out a sustainable diet for a week
22. Try out a raw diet for a week
23. Rediscover bike riding, and ditch the car for a week
24. Pick a competitive sport you’ve never played and start a team of newbies
25. Join a charity run or bike for a cause
26. Learn to do a chin up, then see how many you can do
27. Try out crossfit for a month
28. Find exotic fruits or vegetables you’ve never eaten before. Learn how to prepare them
Life Goals Bucket List – Personal Growth
29. Learn to meditate
30. Start a daily yoga practice
31. Write a “lessons learned” journal for the younger generation
32. Establish an unlikely friendship with someone entirely unlike you
33. Write a Dream Life Manifesto
34. Visit your childhood home and reflect on your life path
35. Take the Myers-Briggs personality test, once when you’re young and again when you’re older. Compare the results
36. See a therapist. Even if you think you don’t need to
37. Go to couple’s counseling with your S.O. – even if you think you don’t need to
39. Attend a personal development seminar
41. Make every day special – use the fancy dishes, the expensive lotion, or whatever you’ve been “saving”
42. Start a gratitude journal
43. Learn how to say no gracefully and whenever needed
Life Goals Bucket List – Community
44. Contribute substantially to a charity important to you
45. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or shelter
46. Adopt a senior
47. Buy gifts for underprivileged families for the holidays
48. Start or join a community garden
49. Sponsor a local children’s sport team
50. Organize a fundraiser for a local cause
51. Adopt a street or area in your neighborhood to keep free from litter
52. Donate blood
53. Attend a rally for something you feel strongly about
54. Do a random act of kindness every day for a month
55. Get to know your neighbors. Ask if they need anything when you run to the store.
56. Help build a house with Habitat for Humanity
Life Goals Bucket List – Professional and Career
57. Speak at a conference
58. Host a retreat for like-minded professionals
59. Write a book (or several)
60. Start a business
61. Become a mentor or take on an apprentice
62. Be interviewed for something in your field
63. Become an expert on something in your field
64. Become a self-made millionaire
65. Create a passive income stream
66. Become confident in public speaking
67. Find or build a fulfilling career that sparks your soul – even if that means making a big change
Life Goals Bucket List – Hobbies and Pleasure
68. Attend a conference or event aimed at your interests, like the Superbowl or Comic-Con
69. Ride the scariest roller coaster you can stomach
70. Enter a competition in your area of interest, even if you think you’re not good enough
71. Teach your hobby to someone new to it
72. Make a list of 100 influential books or great novels. Read as many as possible
73. See your favorite band live
74. Attend karaoke night. Sing.
75. Find your favorite celebrity and get their autograph
76. See a Broadway play
77. Create a signature recipe for something – a cocktail, apple pie, steak seasoning. Guard the recipe, but make it for others often
78. Throw a party for your block or street
80. Buy a piece of original art directly from the artist
Life Goals Bucket List – Mental and Educational
81. Get a degree in something you’d love to study just for fun (Many universities offer free tuition for senior citizens – I’ve always loved the idea that my retirement plans include going back to school!)
82. Study something far outside your comfort zone, like calculus. Commit yourself until you understand it
83. Have a conversation with someone you disagree with. Don’t try to change their mind; try to understand it
84. Memorize your favorite poem
85. Learn a second language. Learn a third
86. Learn ASL
87. Join a book club
88. Learn an instrument
89. Learn to play chess
91. Do something that scares the pants off you
92. Read a famous work of philosophy. Find someone to argue about it with
93. Start a website teaching people about something you know
Life Goals Bucket List – Relationship
94. Apologize to someone
95. Call or text someone you haven’t talked to in years
96. Make a list of 100 reasons you love someone and give it to them
97. Learn your Love Language and that of your partner or kids
98. Create a group text and include someone who might otherwise be left out
99. Start a conversation with these icebreakers to get to know someone better
100. Plan a date night or special outing with one of your kids.
101. Eat dinner together as a family.
101 Life Goals to Add to Your Bucket List
Make your life goals ones that fire up your soul.
You only get one life to live, and it is entirely and totally yours.
Looking for even more life goals to add to your bucket list? Check out this post:
For some additional goal setting motivation, check out these posts:
- How to Build Self Discipline (the lazy girl’s guide)
- Journal Prompts to Find Your Purpose
- Not Motivated to Do Anything? Here is How to Keep Going
or our eBook/Audiobook on getting goal setting done in 10 easy steps:
Pin it on Pinterest: